15 August 2010
give thanks.... (as inspired from this blog).
Thanks so much Melissa for pointing it out!
Taking a moment to give a small momentary thanks -
- to the scrawny old man across the ally from us (their front stoop five feet from our door) who is blasting out old Elvis records ( am all shook up is echoing through the stone ally at the moment in the noon day penetrating sun)
- to the quiet few hours my husband gave me while he takes the children to the park and shopping ( I can clean and run errands in complete blissful peace.... podcasts filling my morning). Long lines at the post office with no stress.
- to the breeze that gave a short reprieve from the down ward beat of the sun and which made me look up at the rustling leaves of a fig tree heavy with fruit leaning out beyond the school fence.
- to the three boys racing in our ally, cheering and hooting with the thrill of the competition, they made me fondly remember those care free never ending summer days of when I was a child.
- to the chance this morning to give my full attention to a particular story on womans hour- (knitted lives) oh how it made me smile.... what full of life women!!! What a delightful project. It appeals on so many levels. The knitted swimming shorts excerpt a particular hoot.
- to the cool dancing police guys in this video who made me want to get up and move too.
- and lastly thanks to my middle child (whom I tend to worry most over) who yesterday made me smile with her cuddly soft caress as she layed down for a mid day nap next to me, kitten purring between our shoulders, the fan rhythmically beating on and blowing gently the small curl by her temple... these are some of the moments my spirit appreciates.
And you? Which things could you give thanks for today or yesterday?