12 March 2015

Thinking of Malta


A Reluctant Love Poem
Mhux Veru
( pronounced moosh veruu) : an un-truth in Maltese
I do not 
miss you
Your dusty roads....
Your stretching fig tree arms over ancient rubble walls....
Your wild purple poppies and artichoke fields
Your open windowed gallerias
Your one eyed observing stray cats 
Your chariot like carts, held by weathered old hands, along the quiet back roads.
Your silent city on the hill, still wrapped in golden grandeur
Your old women on door stoops, catching the evening breezes
Your bright colored luzzi gently rocking in the Marsaskala bay
Your Imqaret, still hot in the hand smelling of dates and cloves
Your gbejna, peppered and fresh from the goat farm
Your Hobz biz Zejt, to eat by the sea
Miss you
I do




4 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed!
    Extremely helpful information specially the last part :) I care
    for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    Feel free to visit my site: room for rent in navi mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image of the little girl in this alley (she seems even smaller wit the big buildings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you too Juniper. I hope you do find the time to blog again 'cos I miss seeing Malta through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you! With much love, Kenza.
    https://caramelcaramelo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always enjoy reading them.

Wowzio Live Activity Feed

Related Posts with Thumbnails